Please reach out if you are unable to access something below (firstname.lastname@example.org). I am happy to share any of these on request.
Works in Press
- Brainer, Amy. 2021. “Lesbian and gay parents, heterosexual kinship, and queer dreams: Making families in 21st century Taiwan.” positions: asia critique 29(3).
- Brainer, Amy. 2021. “Caring for queer bodies and spirits in and after death.” Whatever. A Transdisciplinary Journal of Queer Theories and Studies.
- Brainer, Amy. 2018. “New identities or new intimacies? Reframing ‘coming out’ in Taiwan through cross-generational ethnography.” Sexualities 21(5-6): 914-931.
- Brainer, Amy. 2017. “Materializing ‘family pressure’ among Taiwanese queer women.” Feminist Formations 29(3): 1-24.
- Brainer, Amy. 2017. “Mothering gender and sexually nonconforming children in Taiwan.” Journal of Family Issues 38(7): 921-947.
- Brainer, Amy, Pallavi Banerjee, & Mignon Moore. 2020. “Race and ethnicity in the lives of LGBTQ parents and their children: Perspectives from and beyond North America.” Pp. 85-103 in LGBTQ-Parent Families: Innovations in Research and Implications for Practice (2nd edition), edited by A. Goldberg & K. Allen. Springer.
- Brainer, Amy. 2017. “Patrilineal kinship and transgender embodiment in Taiwan.” Pp. 110-128 in Perverse Taiwan, edited by H. Chiang and Y. Wang. Routledge.
- Brainer, Amy. 2015. “Growing up with a lesbian, gay, or bisexual sibling.” Pp. 164-181 in Families as They Really Are (2nd ed.), edited by B. Risman & V. Rutter. W.W. Norton & Co.
- Moore, Mignon & Amy Brainer. 2013. “Race and ethnicity in the lives of sexual minority parents and their children.” Pp. 133-148 in LGBT-Parent Families: Innovations in Research and Implications for Practice, edited by A. Goldberg & K. Allen. Springer.
- Brainer, Amy. 2021. “Families: Transnational and global perspectives.” In The Sage Encyclopedia of Trans Studies, edited by A. Goldberg & G. Beemyn. SAGE.
- Brainer, Amy. 2016. “Book review: Queerying families of origin, edited by Ciara Bertone and Maria Pallotta-Chiarolli.” Journal of Family Theory and Review 8(1): 116-121.
- Brainer, Amy. 2016. “East Asian sexualities.” In The Sage Encyclopedia of LGBTQ Studies, edited by A. Goldberg. SAGE.
- Brainer, Amy. 2014. “Book review: The marrying kind: Debating same-sex marriage within the lesbian and gay movement, edited by Mary Bernstein and Verta Taylor.” Gender & Society 28(3): 498-500.