- Brainer, Amy. Queer Kinship and Family Change in Taiwan. Under contract with Rutgers University Press.
Works in Progress or Under Review
- Brainer, Amy. “Lesbian and Gay Parents, Heterosexual Kinship, and Queer Dreams: Making Families in 21st Century Taiwan.”
- Brainer, Amy. “Where are the Parents of the Femme Lesbians? What Missing Subjects Teach Us About Sex, Gender, and Family in Taiwan.”
Papers Published in Refereed Journals
- Brainer, Amy. 2017. “Materializing ‘family pressure’ among Taiwanese queer women.” Feminist Formations.
- Brainer, Amy. 2017. “New identities or new intimacies? Reframing ‘coming out’ in Taiwan through cross-generational ethnography.” Sexualities special issue on Anthropology’s Queer Sensibilities: Ethno-theoretical Approaches to Sexual and Gender Diversity.
- Brainer, Amy. 2015. “Mothering gender and sexually nonconforming children in Taiwan.” Journal of Family Issues.
- Brainer, Amy. 2017. “Patrilineal Kinship and Transgender Embodiment in Taiwan.” Pp. 110-128 in Perverse Taiwan, edited by H. Chiang and Y. Wang. Routledge.
- Brainer, Amy. 2015. “Growing up with a lesbian, gay, or bisexual sibling.” Pp. 164-181 in Families as They Really Are (2nd ed.), edited by B. Risman and V. Rutter. W.W. Norton & Co.
- Moore, Mignon and Amy Brainer. 2013. “Race and ethnicity in the lives of sexual minority parents and their children.” Pp. 133-148 in LGBT-Parent Families: Innovations in Research and Implications for Practice, edited by A. Goldberg and K. Allen. Springer.
- Brainer, Amy. 2016. “Book review: Queerying families of origin, edited by Ciara Bertone and Maria Pallotta-Chiarolli.” Journal of Family Theory and Review 8(1): 116-121.
- Brainer, Amy. 2016. “East Asian sexualities.” In The Sage Encyclopedia of LGBTQ Studies, edited by A. Goldberg. SAGE Publications.
- Brainer, Amy. 2014. “Book review: The marrying kind: Debating same-sex marriage within the lesbian and gay movement, edited by Mary Bernstein and Verta Taylor.” Gender & Society 28(3): 498-500.